Sunday 9 March 2014

I wish I had made that..


Elisa Strozyk.
Strozyk's work crossed my path whilst in college and I feel in love instantly. To my surprise she was exhibiting her work in a gallery local to my home town, The Mostyn Gallery which sits in the seaside town of Llandudno. I couldn't resist going and I'm so glad I did.

You wouldn't say these textiles were wooden 'wood' you?

I adore the fact that they are movable by touch, unbelievably soft and supple. Strozyk is pushing the definition of craftsmanship far and wide. With wood being seen as a very traditional material, Strozyk has truly expanded its potential in the design and craft worlds. I am very drawn to the geometric type patterns, with their sense of direction and clean lines.



            



As you can see the chair above is priced at £780. Which I believe to be reasonably priced for the size and quality. The amount of precision and detail that has is in this piece undeniable.




These are all my own images taken by myself, at the mostyn gallery Llandudno.



No comments:

Post a Comment