Wednesday 16 April 2014

A start of something new

 A start of my project for The Wedgwood Museum, they asked us to create a new take on their 20th century collection, taking inspiration from the work we seen on display. So we took a little road trip as a group to get started! These are my initial sketches. I find quick 10 second sketches sometimes the most helpful. They are unconscious, spontaneous and creative. I then did some mixed media layered pages for extra inspiration. Setting up a plaster chuck to turn on the lathe, not planning my shape exactly as I find these way of working better for me. My best work can come from just experimenting hands on rather than plan plan plan 24/7.












1 comment:

  1. Hi Chloe,

    I came across your designs on Arts Thread and particularly love your mandala pattern bone china tableware. I would be really interested in featuring some of your work with Fioray, a new designers collective and online boutique launching in September. If you would like some more information or details please drop me an email.

    Best wishes,

    Bella
    bella@fioray.com

    ReplyDelete